Stable block. Circa 1870. Regularly coursed rubble gristone with ashlar dressings chamfered eaves band, coped gables with moulded kneelers, single intermediate ridge stone stack and stone slated roofs. 'U' shaped range, enclosing a cobbled courtyard, and comprising a central single storey range with overlofts, and advanced single storey ranges at either end. Central range with two carriage openings, with quoined surrounds and segmental arched heads, a 2-light chamfer mullioned window with cast iron diamond latticed frames below a dripmould, and a segmental arched doorway to the south west end with keystone and inscribed tablet above. Three gabled dormers to overlofts, the outer ones with cast iron diamond latticed lights, the central one shuttered. Chamfered eaves band carried up over windows as hoodmould. Single storey range to south-west with two depressed arched doorways, and three single light openings which match the dormer lights. Range to north-east with single carriage entrance matching those to main range, with diagonally boarded doors, and two rectangular eaves windows with pivot lights. Semi-circular trough to centre. Mounting block in south west corner of yard.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.