Church. Late C12, altered in C14, restored and north aisle added c1895. Squared coursed limestone with gritstone dressings. Slate roof with decorative ridge tiles. Western tower, nave and aisles, chancel with partial aisles. Heavily restored Norman tower with angle buttresses. C19 plate tracery window in former Norman doorcase on west wall. Above, 2-light window. Round-headed twin bell openings on all sides of tower. Embattled parapet above decorated stringcourse. North and south aisles have double or single C19 lancet windows. Northern clerestory windows C19 3-light cusped windows. East wall has rose window with plate tracery, hoodmould and carved stops. Also stone coped gable surmounded by cross. South aisles has two flat headed Perp windows. South porch has Norman arch with roll moulding and attached shafts. Fine early studded arched door. Interior - tall Norman arch to tower, imposts continued into stringcourse. South arcade, three circular C12 piers with scalloped and waterleaf capitals. Stepped soffits. North arcade,C19 circular polished limestone piers with carved capitals, round arches. C19 roof. From nave pointed moulded arch to chancel and lower ones into chancel aisles. South aisle of chancel has late Norman arcade with round headed arches springing from imposts to central polygonal column with waterleaf capital. Above Perp window. C19 glass to eastern window. Hatchment in tower of 1806.
Listing NGR: SK2302654325