Small country house. c1825, incorporating the remains of an earlier house, and extended in 1870. Regularly coursed squared gritstone with ashlar dressings, moulded copings to gables, intermediate and end ashlar ridge stacks, and slated roof coverings. Irregular plan, with gabled projections to north east and south west elevations, and two tall turrets with embattled parapets, together with a later two storey range which extends to the south west. South east elevation; two storeys, six bays with the main entrance set within the three bay projection to the south east, which forms the advanced part of the elevation. Three bays to the south west beneath an embattled parapet, the end bay being part of the canted end of the projecting range to the south west, Sash windows beneath hoodmoulds and within moulded surrounds to first floor, and below, tall, full height windows of mullion and transom form, beneath hoodmoulds with carved stops, Advanced entrance bay with blind niche to gable apex, above 2-light chamfer mullion window:,below hoodmould with stops. Plain band course to first floor links with stepped hoodmould over main doorway, with double doors set in moulded surround with Tudor arched head. South west side wall of advanced bay has tall turret with embattled parapet, and small octagonal turret to angle with main range, also with embattled parapet. Remaining two bays to the north east appear to be earlier, with blocked doorway with cambered lintel bearing 1656 date . Inserted windows are of 2-lights, with chamfer mullions below hoodmoulds with stops. All windows with Gothic glazing. To the north west elevation of the house, a tall square turret rising from a first floor corbelled base, supported by a low buttress.
Listing NGR: SK2313482952