House. 1774 with minor C20 repairs. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings and chamfered quoins. Stone slate roof with stone gable end stacks and stone coped gables. Plinth and moulded eaves cornice, raised at corners over quoins. Three storeys, three bays, L-plan with staircase in rear wing. Central moulded door- case with raised keystone, plain entablature with moulded hood and glazed panelled door. To either side, glazing bar sashes in flush surrounds with raised fillet to edge. Above, two similar with central circular traceried window between. Above again, three small glazing bar sashes with similar surrounds to those below, except central one has extra moulding. East gable wall has lead gutter with hopper head inscribed 'GB 1774'. West elevation of rear wing has large Venetian staircase window. Original leaded lights to 2-light windows on east elevation of rear wing. Interior has fine, turned baluster dog-legged staircase, with wide, ramped, moulded handrail, through three floors. Moulded cornices and decorative plasterwork bosses to front rooms on ground and first floors. First floor east room has carved classical stone fireplace, ground floor east room has large bracketed stone fireplace with fluted brackets. Original panelled doors throughout with original locks. Attached to either side of south elevation, coursed squared gritstone garden walls with flat copings. To either side near the house, flush quoined doorcases with plank doors, beyond, to south, walls ramp downwards. Attached to rear wing, low rubble wall with pair of gate piers to end, square in plan and rusticated with moulded cornices, both partly buried.
Listing NGR: SK2377462084