Parish church. c1717, partly rebuilt c1869 and chancel added, various C20 alterations. Coursed squared gritstone with gritstone dressings and quoins, plinth and moulded sill bands. Plain tile roofs with moulded stone coped gables and ridge crosses at east gables of chancel and nave. Partly corbelled out octagonal bellcote to nave west gable with pointed arches to four sides, moulded sill band and string- course, topped by spirelet. West porch,nave and lower chancel. West porch has ovolo moulded basket arched doorcase to south with egg and dart moulding to top, various carvings to side and C20 studded wooden door. Blank north elevation. 3- light intersecting traceried east window with central quatrefoil to top, and bold plain hoodmould. South elevation, to nave, has three, moulded 2-light windows of c1717 which were then changed to Y-tracery pointed windows in 1869. Interior has pointed chamfered doorcase to nave with dogtooth decoration and wide chamfered chancel arch, curved wooden roof on pillar corbels and C19 pews with later carved poppyheads added. Octagonal, marble font, probably C20. Pulpit very ornately carved wood by former rector, dated 1949. Also two wooden charity boards of 1773. Wall memorial in marble to John Gresley of 1795. Windows to south have C20 stained glass by Brian Clark.
Listing NGR: SK2357962106