Church. C12, 13, c1663, restoration 1870, vestry added 1907. Coursed rubble gritstone with ashlar dressings. Shallow pitched lead roof with stone coped gables at east and west end and over chancel arch. Nave and chancel, vestry, west tower and south porch. Plain C12 south doorway with chamfered imposts. Label with two stops, keystone depiting a bear. West tower, late C13 with small lancet window and plain chambered door to nave. String course at first floor. Square-headed 2-light bell openings, battlements and short spire are perp or later. North and south walls of church with irregular fenestration - all windows square headed, some without divisions others with chamberred mullions. The lights in one north window have segmental heads. All probably mid C17. C19 chancel east window with perp style tracery. C13 font with circular bowl with pointed trefoils supported on a base of clustered columns. The date 1663 apparently refers to time of its restoration to the church. It might also be the date when the windows were renewed. West gallery early C19 on two cast iron columns. C19 poppy heads on benches. On nave north wall an aedicule wall monument to Greenwood Holmes 1779. Four C19 stained glass windows. Nave south, easternaost c1908 by Jones and Willis. Nave south, westernmost 1888. Nave north windows, three lights, 1908. Three light east window 1879.
Listing NGR: SK2099850395