School and schoolmaster's house, now a pair of cottages. 1849, built for the Harrisons of Snelston Hall. Red brick with sandstone dressings and steeply pitched banded plain and fishscale tile roof with stone coped gables, moulded kneelers and ridge finials. Large external side wall stacks to either cottage, with stone dressings and diamond set pots. Single storey, plus attics in gabled bays Each cottage two bays. Plan has tall advanced gabled crosswings to either side of single storey range. Each gabled bay has diagonal buttresses to corners and a central 3-light chamfered mullion window. Between, the recessed central wing has a chamfered four-centred brick arch to east with stone imposts, a central 2-light chamfered mullion window with segment headed lights set in four-centred arched brick surround,and to west a chamfered four-centred arched doorcase with studded wooden door. Above is a stone stringcourse with low parapet over. Above in each gabled bay are two 2-light mullion windows with segment headed lights under flat stone lintels, and a chamfered brick lancet for ventilating the -attics to the top of the gable. All fenestration C19 patterned metal lights. Included for group value only.