Please read our .

Grade II
Authority Historic England
Volume/Map/Item 668, 6, 10002
Date assigned Thursday, January 23, 1992
Date last amended


SK 25 NE THE DALE BONSALL 812-0/6/10002 Outbuilding immediately to east of Yew Tree Farmhouse GV II Small outbuilding converted to framework knitters workshop and with privy and pigsty added. Dated 'ISF 1737'; the alterations and additions probably early C19. Coursed and rubble limestone with pink gritstone dressings; stone slate and Staffordshire blue tile roof. 2 storeys, single cell with lean-to addition against rear. Front: coursed limestone; central doorway bonded ashlar surround and datestone over. External stone steps on right rise to 1st floor having plank door on right of three 12-pane casements set beneath the wall-plate. Moulded kneelers and ashlar gable copings. Rear: lean-to pigsty has walled enclosure with 2 feeding troughs in south side and iron-plate door to north. Main building has 4-light window to 1st floor, 3 lights retain 12-pane casements; a fragment of moulded eaves band at each end. Interior: small 1st floor fireplace, the fire capped beneath tiles. Rare workshop of its kind given additional interest by the C18 origin of the building. Listing NGR: SK2738258102

External Links (1)

Sources (0)



Grid reference SK 27382 58102 (point)
Map sheet SK25NE

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Aug 31 2007 10:24AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.