Listed Building: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (1311749)

Please read our .

Grade II
Authority Historic England
Volume/Map/Item 229, 5, 6
Date assigned Wednesday, July 12, 1967
Date last amended

Description

The previous list date of 12.7.67 shall be added to the following items: 5/6 Civil Parish of Elton PARISH OF ELTON EAST END SK 26 SW 5/6 (North Side) Church of All Saints II Classical Church. 1812 with later alterations and additions. Regularly coursed gritstone blocks, with coped gables and Welsh slate roof and nave and chancel. West tower, nave, chancel, south porch and vestry. Tower, with embattled parapet crocketed pinnacles and plain bands. Belfy lights, ground floor tower lights, tower doorway and two north wall nave windows have semi-circular arched heads with key blocks, remaining windows have Gothic pointed arched 2-light openings, contemporary with south porch of 1879. Pointed arched east window with intersecting tracery and hood mould. Vestry to north wall has cast iron window with Gothic glazing bars and datestone of 1886. Interior; the font is a modern copy of the original, circa 1200, now in Youlgreave Parish Church. Listing NGR: SK2218160985

External Links (1)

Sources (0)

Map

Location

Grid reference SK 22181 60985 (point)
Map sheet SK26SW

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Sep 12 2007 4:28PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.