SK 15 NE PARISH OF EATON AND ALSOP DAM LANE 2/26 (North Side)
5.2.1952 Alsop Hall (formerly listed as The Hall)
House. C17 with extensive alterations and additions in C19 and C20. Coursed rubble limestone with gritstone dressings. Plain tile roofs, stone gable end stacks. Three storeys with two storey wings. South elevation, six bays, flush quoins asymmetrical. Early C20 west wing with 3-light stone mullion window to ground and first floor, with leaded lights. Central three bay block projecting in two steps, twin gabled. Doorway on the left with chamfered surround and dripmould. C20 double plank doors. Around the corner to the left, a 3-light mullioned and transomed window with cavetto moulding and dripmould. Above the doorway a similar 5-light mullioned and transomed window with dripmould continuing around the corner over a similar 3-light window. Similar window above. To the right, a single light window to the first and second floors with cavetto moulding and dripmoulds: To the right, a similar 4-light mullioned and transomed window to the ground floor, a similar 4-light mullioned window above and above again and a single light in the gable. East wing with a C20, 4-light mullioned and transomed window with dripmould to the ground floor and a C17 3-light mullioned window above, without dripmould. C20 single storey wing to the right with a 3-light mullioned and transomed window. Early C20 three gabled rear extension.
Listing NGR: SK1595655193