SK 15 SE PARISH OF BALLIDON BALLIDON LANE 5/8 (East Side)
13.9.1967 All Saints Church
Church. C12, but almost entirely rebuilt in 1882. Coursed limestone with gritstone dressings. Stone slate roofs with stone coped west gable and gabled bellcote at the west end. Two cell plan of nave and chancel and a north vestry and south porch. South side windows with square heads and Decorated style tracery. 2-light east window with decorated style tracery. Single west lancet. No openings on north side. South porch entrance and south doorway in the Norman style, the doorway is much restored C12. Plain neo-Norman chancel arch, plain boarded ceiling. Perp font with crude incised decoration. In the nave, a six branch brass candelabrum. Stained glass in the east window, dated 1883.
Listing NGR: SK2038554436
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.