Warehouse, later converted to corn mill, now small business premises. 1816 with late C19 additions and alterations. Red brick with brick and stone dressings. Slate roof with projecting hoist roofs to gable walls, plus stepped eaves band. Three storeys and five bays plus later additions to north. South elevation has slightly advanced centre bay with wide doorways to each floor and a segmental stone arch to top with raised keystone dated '1816'. To either side on each floor there are pairs of segment headed windows with small paned iron casements. Gable walls have wide central doorways, one above the other, those to east with a stone arch to top similar to that on south elevation, and a semi-circular window to the top. Some doorways have projecting platforms to the front. North addition has segment headed openings and an engine house with the remains of a brick stack, which was erected when the warehouse was converted into a corn mill. Interior has seven wide queen post trusses with side struts and wooden floors supported on iron columns. One of a group of industrial buildings that was erected after the completion of the Trent and Mersey Canal, when Shardlow was a thriving inland port.
Listing NGR: SK4426130372