Parish church. 1844-6 by Stevens of Derby in Dec style with late C19 northern organ bay. Tooled ashlar with stone dressings and chamfered plinth. Steeply pitched fishscale tile roof with lapped stone copings to gables and chamfered eaves band. Three stage west tower, nave and lower chancel plus north organ bay. Tower has stepped angle buttresses up to the top of the second stage to its western corners, chamfered bands between each stage and a polygonal staircase turret in south-eastern corner against the nave with a lapped stone roof. West elevation has a keel moulded pointed door with attached shafts and double studded wooden doors. Above there is a 2-light pointed window with cusped Y-tracery. North and south elevations are blank. Above there are 2-light pointed, louvred bell openings with cusped Y-tracery to north, south and west sides, that to west with a clock face to base. Embattled parapets and recessed thin spire over with gableted lucarnes on four sides. North nave elevation has four pointed 2-light cusped Y-tracery windows with almost full height stepped buttresses to corners and between the windows. C17 style north vestry to east has 2-light mullion window to north and chamfered pointed doorcase to east with hoodmould. East elevation of chancel has pointed 4-light window with geometric cusped tracery flanked by stepped angle buttresses. South elevation of chancel has a single moulded lancet with cusped tracery to top and south elevation of nave similar to north elevation. All original openings have hoodmoulds with block-like stops. Interior has tall pointed continuous moulded chancel and tower arches, that to tower mostly blocked in. Chancel has moulded four-centred arch into the northern organ bay and also a small pointed arch from the organ bay into the nave giving access to the pulpit. Chancel roof is a pointed barrel vault with painted decoration and nave has arched braced trusses. Dec style oak rood screen with central doors, chancel panelling, oak altar rails and simple oak choir stalls are all of 1946, given by parishioners to celebrate the centenary of the church, as recorded on a plaque to south of the rood screen. Organ is late C19 and has quatrefoil decorations. Nave has its original plain box-like pews and a late C19 octagonal pulpit on octagonal stem with cusped panelled sides and small colonnettes to each corner. West end of nave has a screened-off C20 vestry to south side and stone font to north side with octagonal stem and bowl, each side decorated with cusped mouchettes. To south side of font there are pierced wooden rails and to north side five pointed backed chairs, both were probably part of the original chancel fittings. The chancel has one white marble wall memorial of 1858 to Rev Echalaz and the nave has two wall memorials, one c1918 to Arthur Holmes and the other of c1916 to Norman Holtby. West end of nave has brass plaque recording that the clock was given in memory of William Heath who died 1924 and in the tower there is a painted plaque recording that the chapel was erected 1845-6 and free sittings were provided by grant from the Incorporated Society. East window has brightly coloured glass, probably c1845, to top panels and nave has two early C20 stained glass windows and one of c1871 in memory of Lady Horton of Catton.