House. 1813, possibly by William Martin, the estate architect to the Earl of Chesterfield, with later additions. Red brick with gauged brick dressings. Hipped plain tile roof with central brick ridge stack with recessed brick panels. Plain brick ridge stacks to rear wing. Overhanging eaves with double brackets. Rendered plinth. T-plan. Two storeys. East elevation symmetrical, of three bays. Central doorway with moulded architrave. Panelled door, the top four panels glazed. Rectangular overlight. Flanked on each side by glazing bar sashes with segment heads and stone cills with inset panel. Three similar sashes above under flat arches. Similar windows to one bay south elevation. Long rear wing with glazing bar sashes under wedge lintels. Doorway to right with wedge lintel. The interior has a stick baluster staircase with wreathed handrail. The ground floor north room has semi-circular headed recesses with shelves, either side of chimney breast. The marble surround from this fireplace now dismantled but on site.
Listing NGR: SK2873622523
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.