Former estate agent's house of 1814. In 1972 it was in use as a club house for members of the National Coal Board. There is an interesting range of outbuildings and a yard associated with the house. (1)
House of 1813, possibly by William Martin, the estate architect to the Earl of Chesterfield, with later additions. It is two storeys high, T-plan, constructed of red brick with gauged brick dressings, and has a hipped plain tile roof with a central brick ridge stack with recessed brick panels. There are plain brick ridge stacks to the rear wing. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).1, with photos.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. 9/2822/006.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2875 2250 (89m by 48m)
BRETBY, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 2 2014 4:03PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.