'SK 21 SE PARISH OF NETHERSEAL CLIFTON ROAD 5/33 (South Side) Baptist Chapel II
Baptist chapel. 1840 with C20 alterations. Red brick with gauged brick dressings and hipped concrete tile roof with dentilled eaves band. Four bays and single storey. Central segment headed doorcase with double panelled doors is flanked by segment headed small paned iron windows with opening casements. Beyond to either side there are narrower segment headed doors with pointed gothick panels. Above there are four similar windows to those below with a stone plaque to centre inscribed 'Baptist Meeting House 1840'. West wall has been rendered and has two pointed windows at gallery level. Interior has plain ceiling with reeded ceiling rose and panelled gallery to east on iron columns. To either side there are the original box pews and to the west end there is a late C19 raised dais with balustrade. All the windows have simple hoods.
Listing NGR: SK2862613114.'
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.