Parish church. C13, early C14, C15, restored C19. Sandstone ashlar and Welsh slate roofs with stone coped gables. West tower and spire, aisled nave with south porch and chancel. Early C14 west tower of two unequal stages. Angle buttresses with three set-offs. Ground stage to the west has a Dec Style 2-light C19 window. Upper stage has on three sides a deeply set, almost round-arched window of three chamfered orders. 2-light bell openings to all four faces, with single reticulation unit and a transom. The east bell opening partly obscured by a clock face. Plain parapet and octagonal stone spire with three tiers of lucarnes. Three bay C14 south aisle, the bays divided by gableted buttresses with two set-offs. Chamfered plinth. Westernmost bay has a gabled C20 porch with Tudor arch. To the east two 2-light windows with flowing tracery and hoodmoulds. South aisle east window of 3-lights with reticulated tracery, similar 2-light west window. Continuous roof over nave and south aisle. The north aisle was rebuilt in the C15 and has two tiers of square headed 2-light windows with cusped ogee arches and returned hoodmoulds. Two below and two above. The westernmost bay is C19 and has a single chamfered doorway and a 3-light window above in the same style as the other windows. Four low buttresses. North aisle east window is similar and of 2-lights. Flush panelled north door. C13 chancel with three tall lancets to north and south and on the south side a priest's doorway of two slightly chamfered orders, the outer order with colonnettes. Hoodmould. Angle buttresses at the east end. C20 east window of three stepped lancets set high up. The interior has a triple chamfered tower arch dying into the imposts. Two-bay north and three bay south arcades with quatrefoil piers, moulded capitals and double chamfered arches. Reset cusped tomb recess (north aisle). Cusped ogee piscina (south aisle). Plain deep circular font, possible Cll. In the tracery lights of the north aisle windows are fragments of C15 stained glass. Wall tablet (chancel south) c1669 to John and Thomas Woolley. Pedimented with cherubs, and drapery down the sides. In the north aisle, painted arms of George III dated 1816. C18 organ case (north aisle) with fluted pilasters and raised and fielded panels. Said to have come from Sudbury Hall. The church has a bell cast in 1366 by John of Stafford.
Listing NGR: SK2331029632