Parish church. 1842 by Henry Stevens. Perpendicular Gothic style. Coursed squared sandstone and ashlar. Welsh slate roofs with coped gables and plain parapets. West steeple, aisled nave, south porch, north vestry and chancel. Chamfered plinth, moulded band at the base of the parapet. Battlemented west tower of four stages divided by moulded stringcourses. Diagonal buttresses to west with three set-offs. South side has a single light flat arched Perp Style window to the ground floor, with returned hoodmould. Similar window to north side. West side has a doorway of two moulded orders and a studded door with scrolled hinges. 2-light Perp Style window above, and a single light above again, with cusped ogee under a flat arch. 2-light bell-openings in each direction. Circular clock face to south, in moulded stone surround. Recessed octagonal stone spire with two tiers of lucarnes. Gabled aisles with steeply pitched roofs. Tall 2-light west windows. The north side has five 3-light windows with Perp tracery, and six buttresses. Chimney stack rises from the easternmost bay. Small north vestry with flat arched window of two ogee lights. The east end of the north aisle has a spherical triangle with three cusped triangles set in. Chancel east window of two plus 2-lights with panel tracery. The north and south side of the chancel has a single lancet with tracery. On the south side is also a priest's doorway with two orders of moulding. South aisle has a 2-light east window and four 3-light south windows between buttresses, as on the north side. Steeply gabled south porch, the entrance with two orders of moulding. Small flat arched windows of two ogee headed lights to west and east. Interior: Five bay arcades with octagonal piers, moulded capitals and double chamfered arches. Plastered and whitewashed walls. Two plain double-chamfered arched doorways lead into the tower. Circular wheel window above. Double chamfered chancel arch on semi-octagonal responds. Nave roof of thin spindly hammer beam type with pointed arches. Shallow pitched aisle roofs have plastered panels. The south aisle has a moulded round-arch tomb recess with triangular arch above with pierced tracery. Within is an effigy of a civilian holding his heart in his hand. In the north aisle an incised alabaster slab of a knight, John Frances c1375. On the south wall of the chancel a pedimented Ionic aedicule monument of c1636. Rich Dec Style octagonal font and cover. At the west end of the north aisle a low gothic style screen enclosing the choir vestry. Brass eagle lectern dated 1888. Stained glass. The middle north aisle window 1922 by Morris & Co, and the south aisle south east window 1923 by Morris & Co. C19 gothic chancel furnishing. Nave pews C20.
Listing NGR: SK3513224106