Anglican church. 1897, extended 1931. By Mills and Murgatroyd, of Manchester, architects, for the Woodd-Sidebottom family, patrons. Coursed squared gritstone with ashlar dressings, with a Welsh slate roof covering.
STYLE: Early English Gothic Revival.
EXTERIOR: aligned north-west to south-east, with entrance tower and spire at west corner, nave, liturgical north and south aisles, apsidal chancel, vestry and choir vestry. 3-stage tower with full-height angle buttresses with set-offs, terminating at gabled pinnacles at the angles of crenellated
parapets. Tall octagonal spire with weather vane. 5-bay nave with steeply-pitched roof and coped gables. Clerestory with triple lancets to each bay. Aisles with lean-to roofs and coupled lancets to each bay, bay divisions delineated by stepped buttresses.
INTERIOR: nave arcades of circular gritstone columns with simply-moulded capitals, support light-coloured brick walling with decorative red brick banding. Tall pinted and stepped chancel arch, with irregular gritstone quoining. Arched roof trusses carried on corbels at clerestory cill level. Chancel with roof trusses carried on corbels with carved figures. Pointed arched organ recess to right, with organ of 1882. Altar with wooden reredos, choir benches with fitted overthrows carrying candles and patterned floor tiling below altar. Nave with complete set of benches and partially glazed screen with church wardens' pew at west end. Font at west end of south aisle with circular Bath stone blowl set upon a shaft of red Cork marble.