House and stables now house. 1669, converted 1990. Irregular coursed millstone grit with ashlar dressings and stone slate roof.
PLAN: originally single unit dwelling with attached stables.
EXTERIOR: 2 storey. Front has irregular fenestration. Tall central doorway with chamfered ashlar surround and C20 door, with to left boarded window and beyond blocked doorway with large lintel bearing the inscription: 'EH/ 1669'. To right C20 casement inserted in former doorway. Above boarded window to left and plain sash to right. Left elevation has inserted doorway with plank door to right
and above blocked opening in apex of gable and another to left. Rear elevation blank.
INTERIOR: has "keeping places" within walls to both units and an iron tethering ring in former stable. Purlins rest on side
walls. Stable was used as slaughterhouse at one time.
Listing NGR: SK0298696296
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.