Stanley-Chaddesden Tramway, Charingworth Drive, Chaddesden. Sections of raised embankment of the Derby Kilburn Colliery Company's tramway from Stanley to Chaddesden (SMR 23406) are cut through by Charingworth Drive (SMR 32242). The twin 22 inch gauge tracks ran from Stanley Footrill Colliery to a wharf at Chaddesden close to the site of the present fire station. It was opened on 20 November 1894. Closed and sold off 1918. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 51.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 38722 38605 (93m by 74m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 15 2015 5:57PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.