Almshouses of 1836 owned by the Liversage Charity (1)
The Liversage Charity was founded in 1529. The Liversage Almshouses were built in 1836, they are a red brick range of almshouses in a Gothic style, with stone dressings and tiled roofs. They are single-storeyed with a range of 16 windows in moulded stone surrounds with hood moulds, there are projecting ambled bays at the ends and in the centre, the latter with a pointed arched doorway, elsewhere there are paired doorways with small projecting porches. There are coped parapets and clustered brick chimnery stacks. A stone wall extends over the forecourt with later 19th century iron railings to the return at the east end. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Craven, M. 1996. The Illustrated History of Derby Suburbs. p 68.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1228483.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35713 35685 (75m by 74m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2019 3:30PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.