The farmhouse stands on the south side of the High Street, a short distance east of the church, and has two yards of buildings, one on the east side of the house and another on the north side of the road opposite. The south yard has stables backing onto the road and other buildings opposite, including a dairy close to the house, inside which remains a short length of well-built timber walling framed in square panels. On the other side of the road is a crewyard with shelter shed and a Dutch barn. The timber-framed building inside the dairy, probably of 16th century date, suggests that there must have been a farmhouse on this site at that time. The present farmhouse is two storeys high with attics, and is built of brick on a stone base with the north and east walls rendered. The main front range was probably built about 1790-1800, and the wing immediately afterwards, with further alterations in the 19th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 130, 10th March 1992.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 38252 30422 (78m by 79m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 31 2018 3:13PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.