The Rectory stands back from the Main Street, separated from the Church by a lane that leads north to join Sutton Lane. It is a large, two-storey brick building of several dates, the oldest remaining part being the much-altered western block, probably erected in the early 18th century with a parallel eastern block which was probably remodelled about 1830. The house was extended to both east and south-west in the second half of the 19th century, but much of this work was removed during a major phase of reduction in the period 1925-1935. The house was probably built as a rectory, and remained one until 1933 when it was sold and a new rectory built. (1)
Unpublished document: Morris, M. 2011. Etwall Conservation Area: Character Statement.
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 177, 9th December 1994.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 26970 32048 (43m by 34m)
ETWALL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 10 2021 2:05PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.