This farmhouse is brick built to two storeys with attics and faces south, standing back from the north side of the road, with the farm buildings to the west of the house. The earliest phase of building was an L-shaped farmhouse of the late 18th century occupying the southwest corner of the present house. The eastern part was pulled down and rebuilt early in the 19th century, and the north wing dates from 1850-70. There were additions and alterations in then 20th century, and part of the north wing was converted to form a separate cottage. The property, as with most of Ingleby, was part of the Burdett estate until 1951 when it came into the hands of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The farm buildings contain two dated buildings: on the granary are bricks inscribed 1829 and HB, probably referring to the addition of the brick upper storey to the stone walled ground floor; inside a cowshed the initials RR and the date 1845 are cut into a tiebeam. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 201, July 1996.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35159 26894 (72m by 47m)
INGLEBY, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 20 2015 11:50AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.