A three storey stone house with a slate roof, built about 1680, and refenestrated in the early 19th century. The Queen Anne pine panelling on the first floor was installed in about 1710, and the staircase was replaced in about 1820. The building is not shown on the 1779 Enclosure Plan of Sawley, but this must be an omission as the dating evidence from the building is so strong. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 248, 23rd November 2000.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 47116 31470 (15m by 18m)
LONG EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 13 2015 5:05PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.