The house was built as a farmhouse of two or three rooms in line, with farm buildings at the back. A building date for the house of 1650-1700 is suggested. The house was divided, and the eastern part extended to the east to accommodate the Post Office, in about 1860-1880. No. 30 was then refronted, and the datestone showing "1659" and "RA" and "WA" moved to the west wall. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 250, 11th December 2000.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35305 23929 (23m by 19m)
TICKNALL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2011 2:29PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.