Monument record MDR1100 - Bletch Rings stone circles? (possible site of), near Bletch Brook, Parwich
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE ? (Unknown date)
- STONE CIRCLE ? (Unknown date)
- None recorded
(Area SK 177542). Bletch Rings. (1). Recorded as Bletcheringes in Egerton Charters which presumably refers to some stone-circle or the like close to Bletch Brook. (2). Two possible circles are visible at SK 17715415 and SK 17775416. (3). A field survey in 1966 recorded that there was nothing visible on the ground in this area and the air photograph markings were not identified. (4).
- <1> SDR15323 Map: Tithe Map and Apportionment Parwich 1847.
- <2> SDR13112 Bibliographic reference: Cameron, K. 1959. 'The Place-Names of Derbyshire, Part II', English Place-Name Society. p405.
- <3> SDR1490 Aerial Photograph: 1950. APs 541/551/3155-6 4.6.50.
- <4> SDR6380 Personal Observation: F1 JB 20-MAY-66.
- <5> SDR9901 Index: NDAT. 1695. 1695. 1695.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1772 5415 (145m by 176m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 17 2008 9:21AM