Monument record MDR11821 - General Baptist Chapel (site of), Trent Lane, Weston Upon Trent
Type and Period (1)
- GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1845 AD to 1845 AD)
- None recorded
The Baptists have a small chapel at Weston upon Trent that was erected in 1845. (1) The Baptist Chapel is a small brick building with pointed/ached windows. It has a datestone "Baptist Chapel 1845" and is descried in 1979 as being derelict. In 1988 it was in use as a builders' store and was continuing to deteriorate. (2) The General Baptist Chapel on Trent Lane is a small chapel of brick, with a partly pantiled roof. It was built in 1845 as a preaching station of Castle Donington in Leicestershire. (3) Google Street View indicates that the chapel has been demolished and a house built on the site . The datestone has been re-incorporated into the end wall, albeit at a lower position than on the chapel. (4)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 320.
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(b).1, with photo.
- <3> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 57.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Site visited 22/07/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4049 2789 (9m by 7m)|
|Civil Parish||WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 28 2016 11:34AM