Building record MDR11885 - Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Great Hucklow
Type and Period (1)
- WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL (Georgian - 1806 AD to 1806 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st ed. 25" OS map shows a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Great Hucklow. (1) The chapel was still in use at the beginning of the 20th century. (2, 3) Examination of modern maps indicate that the building is still in use as a place of worship. (4) The Wesleyans have a neat chapel here, erected 1806. It will seat 200, and is in the Bradwell circuit. (5) The Wesleyan Chapel in Great Hucklow has a three-bay front with round arched openings and pedimental gable with tablet dated 1806. (6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XVI - 2, 1898.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20716 Personal Observation: Shakarian, J (ARS). Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <5> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 113.
- <6> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 49.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1782 7783 (14m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||GREAT HUCKLOW, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 31 2017 3:10PM