(Tudor to Elizabethan - 1550 AD to 1600 AD)
Loading documents & images
William Senior's map of 1611 shows an enclosure of approximately half an acre adjoining the southern boundary of what was at that time Langwith Park and extending onto Langwith Common. A small building is depicted at the southern edge of the enclosure. It is described on the map as 'Mellers intack', suggesting that it had been taken in from the common land. The building does not appear to have a chimney, so may have been a barn or animal shelter rather than a cottage. Fields immediately to the south-east of the park boundary were farmed by Meller (or Mellers). (1)
Map: Senior, W. 1611. The mannor of Langwithe belonging to the Right Honorable William Lord Cavendishe ….
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 5086 6804 (160m by 115m)
SCARCLIFFE, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 12 2017 4:32PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.