The foundation stones for The Gospel Union and Blue Ribbon Mission were laid in 1888. It was later to become known as Elim Tabernacle. Prior to 1888, the Mission was held in the then Liberal Hall. The Mission was an offspring of the Blue Ribbon Army, which was founded by Pastor Howton and which held services in public places and street corners as the Salvation Army does today. The Chapel is still in use today . (1)
*Internet Web Site: Glossop Heritage Trust. Glossopdale Churches and Chapels. http://www.glossopheritage.co.uk/. Web page last updated 24/10/2009.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0359 9413 (30m by 14m)
GLOSSOP, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 9 2016 12:24PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.