School House is probably the oldest building in the area, with wattle and daub walls and interesting beams. It has its original old Manor House front but was rebuilt in Victorian times. (1)
The house is of 16th or 17th century date, partly rebuilt in the mid 19th century. It is constructed of substantial box timber framing and red brick with brick dressings. It has a steeply pitched plain tile roof with overhanging eaves and a large central brick ridge stack with three diamond set brick pots. The rear wall is all timber framed and the interior reputedly has an impressive early fireplace. (2)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).1, with photo.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. 9/2415/012.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2454 1504 (27m by 15m)
COTON IN THE ELMS, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2014 5:53PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.