'A neat National school with a house for the master was erected of brick in 1852 by the Earl of Harrington, it will accommodate about 60, and the average attendance is 50.' (1)
The church hall, with attached house, was formerly the village school and master's house. (2)
Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 267.
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(e).1, with photo.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 4093 3260 (17m by 16m)
ELVASTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 31 2018 3:13PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.