Monument record MDR12367 - Mission Church (site of), Dale Road, Buxton
Type and Period (1)
- MISSION CHURCH (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Mission Church situated here on the 2nd edition OS map. (1) This building may be that referred to by Bulmer in 1895: 'The members of the Catholic Apostolic Church worship in a corrugated iron building, erected, in 1885, at a cost of £100'. (2) By the 3rd edition OS map, this church has been demolished and replaced with another Mission Church to the southwest (see SMR 31183). (3) There is now a vicarage situated on this site . (4)
- <1> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 126.
- <3> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. 09/06/2010.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0594 7298 (28m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 31 2018 10:54AM