Building record MDR12774 - Shottle Church, Lambhouse Lane, Lambhouse
Type and Period (1)
- MISSION CHURCH (Victorian - 1850 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
There is a church situated here on the 1st edition OS map. (1) A Mission Church was built at Shottle a few years ago by the Duke of Devonshire, who pays £50 per annum to the vicar of Hazelwood for officiating in it. It is a substantial stone edifice, consisting of a small apsidal chancel, nave (with bell turret), and western porch; but it is not as yet consecrated. (2) The church still appears to be in use as a place of worship . (3-4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 659.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 20/05/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3121 4938 (16m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||SHOTTLE AND POSTERN, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 20 2011 4:48PM