Building record MDR12844 - Heanor Baptist Church, Derby Road, Heanor
Type and Period (2)
- GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1849 AD to 1849 AD)
- BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1876 AD to 1921 AD)
- None recorded
The General Baptists have a small chapel at Heanor . It was erected in 1849, and is a plain brick building. (1) There is a Baptist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (2) The Baptist Chapel at Heanor was built in 1876 at a cost of £1,300, to supersede one erected in 1849. (3) The chapel was extended to the rear by the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 19th century. (4) It is still in use as a place of worship . (5)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 273.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 552.
- <4> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4282 4624 (31m by 43m)|
|Civil Parish||HEANOR AND LOSCOE, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 16 2017 10:40AM