Building record MDR12886 - Former Baptist Chapel, Highfield Road, Kilburn
Type and Period (1)
- GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (Hanoverian - 1832 AD to 1832 AD)
- None recorded
The General Baptists have a good stone chapel at Kilburn that was built in 1832. (1) There is a chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It is labelled as a Baptist Chapel on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (2-3) This building is now in use as a hall . (4)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 278.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3792 4580 (10m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||KILBURN, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 6 2015 12:25PM