Building record MDR12953 - Former Anglican Church, Park Road, Ilkeston
Type and Period (2)
- MISSION CHURCH (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1896 AD to 1921 AD)
- ANGLICAN CHURCH (Early 20th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1912 AD to 1938 AD)
- None recorded
There is a Mission Church situated here on the 3rd edition 25" OS map of the early 19th century that is not present on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (1-2) By the 4th edition 25" OS map of the late 1930s, there is a larger church situated here where the mission church once stood. (3) The Larklands Mission on Park Road is one of two 'Tin Tabernacles' to have stood in Ilkeston. [There is a photograph of the mission church in around 1912 on The Ilkeston and District Local History Society website]. All Saints Church on Park Road was built on the site of the former Larklands Mission. It is now in use as a children's nursery . (4)
- <1> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR20367 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR21153 *Internet Web Site: Ilkeston & District Local History Society. 2004. Ilkeston's Churches and Chapels Past and Present. http://www.ilkestonhistory.org.uk/Churches%20and%20Chapels.htm. Website viewed 22/07/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4715 4143 (21m by 16m)|
|Civil Parish||ILKESTON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 1 2016 2:41PM