Building record MDR13047 - Former Baptist Chapel, Ticknall Road, Hartshorne
Type and Period (1)
- GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1845 AD to 1846 AD)
- None recorded
The General Baptists have a place of worship in Hartshorne that was built in 1845. (1) There is a General Baptist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map. (2) The General Baptists have a chapel in Hartshorne that was built in 1845. (3) The former General Baptist Chapel in Hartshorne was built in 1845-6. It has a pedimented front with a defaced tablet. (4) The building is still standing, but appears to be in use as a residence . (5-6)
- <1> SDR19516 Bibliographic reference: White, F & Co.. 1857. History, Gazetteer & Directory of the County of Derby. p 357.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire.
- <4> SDR13425 Bibliographic reference: RCHME (Royal Commission on the Historic Monuments of England). 1986. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England - Derbyshire extract. p 49.
- <5> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <6> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 21/09/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3251 2123 (10m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||HARTSHORNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 29 2014 3:09PM