Building record MDR13065 - All Saints' Church, Station Road, Hatton
Type and Period (2)
- ANGLICAN CHURCH (Victorian - 1885 AD to 1887 AD)
- MISSION CHURCH (Victorian - 1885 AD to 1887 AD)
- None recorded
There is a church situated here on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900 that was not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1-2) A Mission Church was erected in Hatton in 1886 at a cost of £800. Sunday school is held in it, and Church service every Sunday evening. (3) Hatton Mission Church is a structure of brick, erected in 1887 at a cost of £770, on a site present by the 7th Duke of Derbyshire, who also gave £100 towards the cost. (4) All Saints' Church in Hatton was built in 1885-7. There may have been an earlier chapel in this area, but no trace of one remains. (5) It is still in use as a place of worship . (6)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 409.
- <4> SDR21041 Bibliographic reference: Kelly, A L (ed.). 1912. Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire. p 330.
- <5> SDR20951 Bibliographic reference: I A H Combes. 2004. Anglican Churches of Derbyshire. p 97.
- <6> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2157 3002 (20m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||HATTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 30 2016 4:01PM