Monument record MDR13081 - Baptist Chapel (site of), Burton Road, Overseal
Type and Period (1)
- GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1840 AD to 1840 AD)
- None recorded
There is a General Baptist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The General Baptist Chapel at Overseal was built in 1840. (2) By the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900, the chapel has been superseded by a larger chapel to the south (see SMR 24113). (3) The building has since been demolished and the site has been redeveloped . (4-5)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR21227 Bibliographic reference: Wright, C N. 1887-8. Wright's Directory of Leicestershire. p 533.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <5> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 20/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2934 1559 (19m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||OVERSEAL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 19 2015 1:59PM