Building record MDR13094 - Hill Street Baptist Church, Hill Street, Swadlincote
Type and Period (1)
- GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (Victorian - 1876 AD to 1876 AD)
- None recorded
There is a General Baptist Chapel situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) The Baptist Chapel at Swadlincote was erected in 1876, at a cost of about £2,000. It is a substantial building capable of seating 520 people. (2) The chapel is still in use as a place of worship . (3-4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR3507 Bibliographic reference: Bulmer, T and Co.. 1895. History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire. p 823.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 28/10/2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3027 1950 (39m by 32m)|
|Civil Parish||SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 18 2016 5:01PM