Monument record MDR13558 - Ridgeway Quarry, Crich Lane, Ambergate
Type and Period (1)
- SANDSTONE QUARRY (Georgian to Victorian - 1811 AD to 1880 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR21446 Unpublished document: Thomas, I (National Stone Centre). 2012. The Lower Derwent Valley: The Exploitation and Use of Historic Building Materials. p 16, 17, 37.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR22089 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2011. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: A Gazetteer of Sites, Part III, Borough of Amber Valley (second edition). pp. 29.
- <4> SDR23087 Unpublished document: Judge, T (Ripley Historical Group). 1993. Some places of interest in Heage Village.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 3587 5150 (122m by 130m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 13 2015 4:05PM