Site record MDR1405 - Medieval field system, Over Haddon village, Over Haddon
Type and Period (3)
- RIDGE AND FURROW (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LYNCHET (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- None recorded
Medieval fields surrounding Over Haddon on facing slopes. Large areas fossilised by current walls. East of the village there are extant lynchets, and sub-rectangular enclosures at the village end which are probably medieval tofts. (1,2). Photographic record (3).
- <1> SDR4832 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PPJPB). 1989. Over Haddon, medieval fields.
- <2> SDR19250 Unpublished document: English, E & Wilson, J. 1991. A Field Survey of an Extensive Part of the Civil parish of Over Haddon in the Peak District of Derbyshire. includes plan sketch of fields.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 12.7.
- <4> SDR1127 Archive: Whiteley, S. 1989. Aerial Photographic Transcripton Project.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 202 665 (1521m by 1060m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||OVER HADDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 10 2020 10:27AM