Monument record MDR14361 - Ripley Station (site of), Ripley
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The site of the second Ripley Station of 1890 is located at SK 402 505. It was built when the Little Eaton-Ripley branch was extended to Pentrich Junction to provide a through route to Ambergate. It is now marked only by the gritstone road bridge that carried the main Nottingham road over the railway and by the gritstone walls to the cutting in which the station was located. The trackbed in now used as a footpath. (1) The GIS polygon for this record was plotted using the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (2)
- <1> SDR22089 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2011. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: A Gazetteer of Sites, Part III, Borough of Amber Valley (second edition). p. 31.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 4023 5041 (47m by 61m)|
|Civil Parish||RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 9 2016 11:56AM