Monument record MDR14375 - Canal Buildings, Erewash Canal, Shipley

Type and Period (1)

  • (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Originally used as a slaughter house (until 1962) for injured pit ponies. A nearby, smaller, rectangular range provided washing facilities and 16 standings for local horses. The whole complex has been refurbished as a house named 'The Old Slaughter House'. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2011. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology: A Gazetteer of Sites, Part III, Borough of Amber Valley (second edition). pp. 34.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4624 4538 (46m by 44m)
Civil Parish SHIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Oct 15 2014 12:14PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.