(Stuart to Georgian - 1627 AD to 1808 AD)
Loading documents & images
Indistinct foundations of a building located on top of a hillock. To the eastern side is an attached low boundary bank, running east before fading away. The building remains consist of a rectangular 8m by 5m platform, edged with stone, and the remains of a cross wall. The building is recorded in 1627 as a cote, and though a structure is standing in the same place in 1808 it is labelled as a stock fold rather than a building. The boundary is also shown on the 1808 map. By 1880 both boundary and building had fallen into disuse. (1)
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 1381 9028 (23m by 19m)
HOPE WOODLANDS, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 9 2015 2:37PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.