Building record MDR15971 - Hipley Barn, Hipley Hill, Brassington
Type and Period (3)
- FIELD BARN (Victorian - 1850 AD to 1882 AD)
- FARM BUILDING (Victorian - 1850 AD to 1882 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Victorian - 1850 AD to 1882 AD)
- None recorded
Hipley Barn appears at this location on the 1st edition OS map of c. 1880, along with adjacent structures and enclosures. (1) There are no structures marked here on the Brassington Tithe Map of 1850. (2) Hipley Barn is still extant and appears to still retain its roof. Only walls remain of the former adjacent structures. The enclosure walls are still visible. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR23638 Map: 1850. Brassington Tithe Map. A3 photocopy.
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 23/09/2015.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2108 5408 (38m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||BRASSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 23 2015 4:56PM