Building record MDR15977 - The Farm, Lea Main Road, Lea, Dethick Lea & Holloway

Type and Period (1)

  • (Georgian to Late 20th Century - 1733 AD to 1999 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

A Grade II listed, mid-18th century farmhouse, built of regularly coursed gritstone with quoins, coped gables with moulded kneelers, and gable end stacks (one of ashlar, others of blue brick). There are stone-slated roofs, repaired in part with plain tile. It is an irregular "T" plan house, with a lower bay added to the south end, and a lower two-storey range to the rear. The east range, east elevation is a three bay range of three storeys with stacked two-light flush mullioned windows flanking a central doorway, now enclosed by a 20th century lean-to porch of glass and timber. Above the doorway are stacked single-light openings with flush surrounds. The windows are sash-windows with single glazing bars and some fixed lights, together with some 20th century replacement joinery. The lower end bay has a stairway to the first floor doorway in the gable. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1051621.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3323 5749 (14m by 19m)
Civil Parish DETHICK, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 21 2018 9:27AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.